Here is the recipe I used to make artisan bread today. It can be cut in half if you only want to make one loaf. The recipe in and of itself makes two loaves. It is super easy and no kneading involved!
- 3 cups lukewarm water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (2 packets) active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Rosemary (Dried or Fresh)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Other bread toppings you enjoy
- In a medium bowl mix together the warm water, the yeast, the sugar and the salt.
- In a separate bowl (if you are using a stand mixer then use your mixer bowl for this) measure out the all-purpose flour.
- Mix the water mixture into the flour and mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm area and allow the dough to rise for about two hours.
- Spray two 9x5x3 bread pans with non-stick spray
- Once the dough has risen for about two hours, rub your hands with flour and split the dough into two pieces, and place in the bread pans and loosely cover with plastic wrap
- allow the bread to rise in the bread pans for about 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix Topping in two small bowls
- Rub the top of the loaves of bread with olive oil (or olive oil topping mixture)
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until done.