This week’s recipe is Tomato Lime and Herb Chicken. I had picked up a container of fresh herbs in the produce section yesterday while I was at the grocery store, and then added some more to that to make this recipe today. I enjoy coming up with new healthy recipes that are gluten free and dairy free that also taste really good.
- 1 lb of free range vegetarian fed boneless skinless chicken thighs from New Seasons
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh time
- 4 leaves fresh sage
- about a tablespoon of bottled lime juice
- about a tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 scallions (little green onions) chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes chopped
I preheated the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
I then chopped up the scallions and tomatoes, and then mixed all the seasonings, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
I then put the chicken in a glass pyrex that I had lined with foil, and then evenly distributed the seasoning mix across the top of the chicken
I baked the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes to half an hour, until the chicken was between 170 and 175 degrees farhenahit.