‘Tis the Season for everything Pumpkin and Pumpkin flavored. Today I am going to share with you all my favorite recipe for Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Filling. I had come across this recipe a year or two ago and I have been using it ever since. I have not found a gluten free pie crust that I like yet, so I am going to keep looking.
Yield: 1 9″ pie
- 1 15-ounce can canned pumpkin (NOT canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk or other dairy-free milk alternative
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Vegan Whipped Cream (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 F
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer or a standing mixer, mix the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt until smooth and well combined.
2. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust
3. Bake for 15 minutes
4. turn down the oven to 350 F
5. bake for 40-50 minutes more or until a skin forms on top of the pumpkin and the crust is just lightly golden
6. Transfer the pie to a wire cooling rack to cool completely, then place in the refrigerator to chill completely.